Friday, September 17, 2010

Scotland Day 5-7

Well folks no pictures today just updates on the last few days.

Wednesday - I spent the morning with the employee relations team - UK law is way different than US law. Good to see the process and the differences. At lunch time I went over to our Craigshaw office and met the other HR Lead and logistics coordinator. We ate lunch at Hotel Cove Bay, which was a nice little hotel near the water. I hate chicken fingers, which weren't bad, but kind of bland. At this point I really was not feeling well, I have a head cold, so my throat was sore, it hurt to talk, and my nose as runny. I learned about their jobs then went back to the hotel.

That night I ordered my first room service and just chilled in the hotel room. Thank goodness I brought a netflix dvd, there is nothing on TV here.

Thursday I learned about our Oracle system which was good to know since we will be on it next year or so. That night I went to Union Street and shopped at Lush and then tried to find a souvenir store but couldn't find one :(

I went over to a co-worker's house and had Haggis and whiskey - haggis I liked, whiskey - no so much.

Today I sat in on some training session, met with the HR manager, and then came to the hotel to pack. The HR Team is going out tonight - it is the last night of one of hte girls on the team - she is going to Australia.

Tomorrow is the big day - I'm going to see my grandparents - YAY! so excited!!!

No comments: